Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What all I considered for my R2I?

Vikram asked me this question today and it prompted me to start this blog. Not sure how much I can document and write my thoughts, but at least there will be one posting (this one) :D

Returning to India is much tougher than leaving India for first time - which I did 5 years before. The more you stay away from your home/country/friends/relatives/culture/life it doubles the gap!! Wonder why? It's because you create all of that at your new place. Leaving all that you have earned here home/country/friends/relatives/culture/life and getting back to what you have left 5 years ago takes more strength than anyone thinks.

I came up with a list of things that I thought before I made myself certain that I am heading back.

Why?
When?
Life in US Vs Life in India
How happy I will be here Vs in India
Career oppurtunities that I loose by leaving US Vs new career growth I make in India
Moving away from friends here (half of may eng class is here) Vs searching/making new friends in India (as of today - there is hardly any of my classmates whom I am in touch with)
How much of all correlates to my family's happiness Vs if I stay back here.
Finance

Of all these questions, probably WHEN was the easiest to answer in broader terms. I was certain since the inception of my thought of R2I that I want to return after 2 years of my last India visit and before I get married, which rounded upto my current R2I date Mar 18 (give or take 20 days - Feb 28 to Apr 8). I know its a long range spanning on 3 calendar months, but I am still not able to zero it down.


Mar 18 is 217 days Or 7 months, 4 days from today

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the prompt action dude...

Look forward to reading more..

Keep writing and helping others :)

superaghu said...

Will try to....Kishore been asking for this...but I am just lazy enough to write..

Sometimes writing helps out take out confusion...so it might be helpful..

Kishore said...

Nice!! khudh tho kabhi blog likh nahi paya par don ko motivate kar paya ;-). I hope this blog will start a new wave and more and more NRI's start thinking about going back :-P

superaghu said...

haha wave from my words...I am not intending for anything like that. This will be just for few who I know, that way I can express easily.

Thx..