Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Inspiring blog - A successful R2I who started a startup - Tekriti

In July I read a blog from a successful R2I at www.newdelhitimes.org

I found the following two key points that he mentioned.
1) "You can have a different reason - personal or professional - but it should be compelling enough to keep you motivated and excited about being in India."

2) "I think one needs a lot more energy to survive and enjoy India. "

A better passion and goal will answer every time I get a question on "Why?"

For a while I thought of doing MBA in India but it failed badly for following reasons

a) 2-3 yrs part time in small univ is not worth.
b) IISB is like mission impossible.
c) IIM's interviews are all pain as they want you to be there for interviews.
d) Full time schooling needs to relinquish job for a year

And for some time I thought of taking some classes here in Boston. It failed as
a) Company will not pay for courses until a year from the course ends. My date of Feb 2008, will make me pay, which I felt was not worth
b) Office, R2I, courses - I thought its too much to handle (another word for being lazy :D)

Finally I have something that I can fit into my goals :)
I will be working with my friend Sandeep on www.techbytesinc.com for an offshore development site. I hope I will be able to dedicate lot of time for it once I am back and take it as a passion.

No comments: