Monday, March 10, 2008

Thoughts for future R2Iiers

Lately as my departure date is nearing, I been thinking what could have been done better, what issues did I see? As I find them, I will add here, but as of now, I have couple of them.

1) Once you start thinking about R2I and have some kind of visibility on your date (say 2 years), you start seeing it as your glass ceiling. You cannot think beyond it for long time and you cannot schedule anything that runs after that period (unless India compatible). This will start crippling you, esp you cannot take up any new challenges like - doing MBA, moving jobs, starting your company etc

2) Make a bigger buck out of your move. Since I am moving for family, I felt that I could have moved with some professional reasons too. The question "Why am I moving to India?" will always be there, and if you can answer as much as possible, it makes the move easier and exciting.

3) What can you do for mother India? With all the knowledge, experiences, money and learnings that you have gained in foreign soil, India can get lot of your help. I joined Asha, but regret of joining it very late as I could have done lot more by joining early.

No comments: